It’s almost that time of the year again!
Yes, it’s nearing the New Year, and so the idea of making a resolution or two has probably crossed your mind. It is easy to come up with a resolution and enter into a New Year on a positive note, but the hardest part is sticking to it.
Will your resolution be to lose weight? Maybe it is to finally quite smoking or to set the clock an hour earlier every morning so you are not rushing. Maybe it is as simple as spending more time with your kids.
Here are a few tips to hopefully help you achieve your goals for 2014.
- Make only one resolution, your chances of success are greater when you put your energy into changing just one aspect of your life.
- Don’t wait until New Year’s Eve to think about your resolution and instead take some time out a few days before and reflect upon what you really want to achieve.
- Make a video outlining your resolution. Tell yourself why you are doing this and be honest. Save the video somewhere where you can watch it.
- Put it on YouTube and watch it once a month. Some people find it motivating when they feel that others are tracking their progress.
- Give yourself a strategy, if you fail by the first week of February remember you are human and you have another 48 weeks to get it right.
Always remember no one is perfect and we all have things in our life that we would love to change or improve on. Expect to revert to your old habits from time to time. Treat any failure as a temporary set-back rather than a reason to give up altogether.